Saturday, January 30, 2010

O week & Snow Fun!

This week was O week for the littlest. She practiced matching her lowercase o's with her uppercase O's, played an owl dice coloring game (addition), practiced some motor skills by lacing the letter O (I got these from ConfessionsofaHomeschooler.blogspot.com), and she even made an owl puppet.





The first grader worked on telling time, graphing, and addition & subtraction facts for math. He reviewed sight words and some of his previous phonics readers. We read about where milk comes from and how it gets to us. He also made an owl puppet and played the owl dice coloring game. I get a lot of my printables from Makinglearningfun.com and worksheetworks.com.




We got our workboxes this week and the littles really loved just going and grabbing their boxes when they were ready for them and it was so nice having everything ready to go so quickly. Usually I get everything printed that I need but it's just put in a pile on the table. I sort through them and grab what we need, when we need it but it takes a while and then I have to grab the scissors for this and the crayons for that and the glue for the other. With the workboxes I can separate each subject and place all of the necessary supplies in the appropriate box. It saves a lot of time for me and gets rid of the pile on the table. Yay!

Lots of snow fun today! Everyone was so excited (even dad got in on the fun!)



No comments:

Post a Comment