Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Faithfulness!

These past months have been challenging to say the least, both as a mom & a homeschooling teacher. My oldest child turned 18 and a couple of days later took off to another state to get married before finishing school. It was heartbreaking! She always seemed to be such a good natured girl; we only argued a couple of times in her life. We hugged, laughed & cried together, shared things (or so I thought). I was floored, my heart had been shattered into a million pieces. What had I done wrong? I was angry with God; hadn't I been obedient to the call? Is this what happens when I trust Him? But He gives us all the choice. We can choose to be selfish and follow our own desires no matter who it hurts or we can choose to obey no matter how hard that may be. God is faithful, I have enough experience with Him to know that. He always honors His promises. Not always in the way that we want but in what is best for us. I'm always telling my children that I love them & want what's best for them, but that doesn't mean I always give them what they want when they want it. They see it as me being mean but in reality it's because I love them and want good things for them. How much more does God love us?! My relationship with my Heavenly Father has grown so much over these last months. I've learned some pretty difficult lessons but to know that I have a Father that is willing to teach me; to spend that kind of time with and on me. He has spent each day with His arms around me, giving me strength, correcting me, guiding me. He showed me that I had made idols of my children. I had placed them above my husband. My wonderful, funny, imperfect husband. Through this I have grown to love him more. My husband's support has been amazing. We were truly made for each other; our strengths and weaknesses seem to balance us out as one pretty good person. Through all of this I want to glorify God, I've not always done that. I've let my emotions get the best of me at times and lashed out in anger, been overly harsh. But God was always there forgiving me and helping me to seek forgiveness from those whom I had hurt. I've made so many mistakes in my life; a sinner in need of a Savior. I'm so glad that He sent Jesus to be that Savior for me. There are no doubts, the heart knows truth and the Truth has set me free. I'm still a bit angry and hurt but God is still working on me. I need people to pray that I can forgive the way that I've been forgiven, that I can love the way that I am loved. I tell my children we can't live in the past. We accept responsibility for our mistakes, seek forgiveness, make retribution if possible, accept the consequences, and move forward allowing God to take care of the rest. He will, He is faithful.



"The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He." Deuteronomy 32:5

"For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations." Psalm 100:5

"But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness." Romans 6:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment