Friday, February 26, 2010

Letters Q & R

Last weekend (Friday & Saturday) were my teacher work days. I had planned to post but ran out of time. I was able to get quite a bit accomplished and I believe that I'll be able to purchase the necessary curriculum for well under my budget and that's a huge blessing because even though the budget is reduced this year it was still stretched. As the saying goes "A dollar saved is a dollar earned" and that's about the only way for me to earn any money is by saving it. I watched my Charlotte Mason Seminar and was rejuvenated in my desire to apply a lot of Charlotte's ideas. As usual, I'm excited about the upcoming year and now am back on track for finishing this year well.
My parents are here visiting this week so I didn't get any pictures of our R activities but I got most of my ideas and resources from ConfessionsofaHomeschooler.blogspot.com. We made rainbow crayons, hopped like rabbits, ran, rolled, and just had lots of fun.

Here is Kitten with her pattern blocks forming a quetzel.


She is coloring by number her quilt. (ConfessionsofaHomeschooler.blogspot.com)


For Qq last week I created a counting/number match game for Kitten. I had some crown cut-outs from The Dollar Tree (we called them Queen's crowns), I wrote the numbers 1 - 25 on the crowns and gave her some shiny pompoms to place on them. She counted out the "jewels" to match the number on the crown.


Moo-Man practicing his math with this place value game from filefolderfun.com


Hopefully I'll get back on track for next week, although we do have lots of appointments next week. Oh well, it's all in God's Hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment