Friday, March 26, 2010

2 Day School Week & Math Bags

Kitten has been going out into the horse pasture to pick me these pretty purple "flowers" everyday because purple is my favorite color & "I'm her favorite mommy." So sweet!

This is one of the Math Center bags that I made today for my soon to be Kindergartner & 2nd grader. They're Take It To Your Seat Math Centers by Evan Moor.

You choose several insects for your jar, separate them by type, then add up how many you have altogether. Great practice!

As you can see I didn't take the time to cut out closely around the insects; I might do this later. It only took about 15-20 minutes to make. Everything I need is in the book except the bags (2 for a $1 at Dollar Tree). I also laminated everything so it can be used often. I'll add a dry erase marker and eraser to the bag when it's in our days plan. Best of all these fold flat and fit perfectly in our workboxes.

We only had 2 days of school this week to make up for our sick days a few weeks back. But Kitten wanted to do school on another day, also. She was so cute sounding out her letter ladder blends by herself (we usually do this together).
Here she's circling the pictures that start with the letter U. We'll do more U activities next week and the number 15.


I've been purchasing some of my curriculum for the upcoming school year. The Math Centers was one item; I'll get 12 math activities from this. I also got a reading readiness file folder game making book. I plan on making some of these this afternoon and this weekend. I'll post more next week about out school plans for 2010-2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment